Greetings Swimmers and Parents,
We are very excited about the upcoming 2018 High School swim season! We have two new Head Coaches: Coach Peyton and Coach Cody and we will also have Coach Preslar on deck!
We hope everyone is having a great Summer AND spending some time in the pool! We are only 3 weeks away from the start of the 2018 High School swim season!
We need you to do 2 things before the season starts:
- Get your Physical done ASAP.
This has to be submitted to https://www.arbiterathlete.com/ & Approved before you can participate in any practices.
Tip: It is not always easy to get a Doctors appointment at the last minute. If you do not have a regular physician or can not get an appointment with them quickly, most Urgent Care facilities will do these physicals.
- Complete the this Swim Team Survey.
We need this information for our team software and to help keep you informed.
Here are the answers to some of the questions you all have been asking:
- When/where is practice?
- Our first practice will be on Monday, July 30th at the CCU pool at 4:30pm.
- Monday and Wednesday and Friday practices will be at the CCU pool 4:30-6:00pm.
- However, for the first three weeks (8/3, 8/10, 8/17), Friday practices will take place at Socastee High School and will be dry land practices 4:30-6:00pm.
- Starting 8/24, Friday Practices will be at the CCU pool 4:30-6:00pm.
- Tuesday and Thursday practices will be at Prestwick pool 6:00-7:30pm (We will stop practicing at Prestwick when it becomes too cold).
- Directions to Practice
Coach Preslar will be leading practices until Coach Cody and I return from our honeymoon on August 5th. If you are a beginning swimmer, we recommend you wait to start practice until Monday, August 6th.
- What do I need to bring to practice?
Here are what we expect all swimmers to bring to practice. All items listed below are available for purchase at swimoutlet.com or Dick’s Sporting Goods:
- Practice Swimsuit – A plain black polyester racing swimsuit (not board shorts or bikinis)
- The Team competition swim suit for 2018 is the TYR Phoenix Splice, the same suit as last year. It is available from Augusta Swim Supply.
- In the Left Column, click on “Team Login” which is at the bottom, under the “Information” Header. The User Name is “Socastee” and the Password is “1234”. You will also need a practice suit, as the team suit should only be used for swim meets.
- If you order your suit before August 14th, it will be shipped to us in bulk and you will not have to pay for shipping.
- Goggles https://www.swimoutlet.com/swim-goggles-c9619/
|Swim Goggles at SwimOutlet.com
Shop the largest selection of Swim Goggles at the web’s most popular swim shop. Free Shipping on $49+. Low Price Guarantee. 500+ Brands. 24/7 Customer Service.
- Fins ( https://www.swimoutlet.com/swim-fins-c9646/ The prices run from about $19 – $25, depending on size, style & availability. Not all sizes are available in the least expensive style.)
|Swim Fins at SwimOutlet.com
Shop the largest selection of Swim Fins at the web’s most popular swim shop. Free Shipping on $49+. Low Price Guarantee. 500+ Brands. 24/7 Customer Service.
- Ear plugs
- Nose plug
- Pull buoy
- Where can I find more information?
- There is a lot of information on our updated team website.
- Join the SHS Swimteam Remind101 Page to receive important team updates.
- Also feel free to reach out to any of us with any questions you might have.
- Coach Peyton
- Coach Cody
- Coach Preslar
Jessica S. Peyton
6th Grade Social Studies Teacher
SHS Swim Coach